The Fondazione delle Arti - Venezia was inspired by two observations.
- For centuries, Venice has exercised a powerful attraction as a top destination for the international cultural elite. However, there is no central meeting point for these people to meet and share their interests.
- The city has never had a good communications apparatus for high-profile events. This encourages purely commercial, low-standard initiatives. There is a blatant lack of support for high-end cultural events. Visitors, inhabitants, and tourists have little access to high-end cultural information. Public display space is scarce, and there is no unified communication channel for promoting cultural excellence.
The Fondazione delle Arti - Venezia has been created and supported by cultural organisations and partners who identify with some of the guiding principles that, in the past, created the renown of the Serenissima. These activities include:
- Aspiring to excellence, even in fun and accessible events.
- Encouraging initiative and invention.
- Opening dialogue between diverse cultures and traditions.
The Fondazione delle Arti - Venezia intends to carry out a series of activities, supervised by an international advisory board formed by prominent figures in culture and entrepreneurship:
- Developing a multichannel communications strategy directed at the most culturally aware tourists, and a kind of stamp of authenticity check, recognition and guarantee dedicated to promoting high-profile events in the city.
- Creating an International Club to bring together the cultural and economic elite with a strong interest in Venice, and using it as a focus for artistic events linked to the preservation of the city’s historical and cultural heritage.